Saturday, November 10, 2012

mini review: thoughts on tellwut


I started using the survey site Tellwut on 10/11/12. The surveys are very quick (generally 1-5 questions) and reward points that can be redeemed for gift cards and merchandise. I signed up to help pay for Christmas presents this year and have decided to redeem my points in Amazon cards. I spend about 10 minutes a day completing the new surveys that are posted (I'm going to start timing myself and add that info to my spread sheet). Here are my stats so far:

10/11/12 joined site
11/4/12 redeemed $10 Amazon gift card
11/9/12 redeemed $10 Amazon gift card

Tellwut also offers gift cards for Home Depot, Walmart, Best Buy, and other brick and mortar stores, I'm hoping they will offer a Paypal option soon. Surveys reward between 5-10 points (business surveys will earn you 15). You can also create surveys to earn points. It takes 4000 points for a $10 gift card, which works out to 5 cents per 20 points. The surveys only take a few seconds each and so far I'm happy with what the rewards for what little work I've put in.

Tellwut gives you 100 free points just for signing up, click to join here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi George. Do you know the various countries Tellwut is open to? I've just taken a look at their FAQ and About Us page but saw nothing referring to that. Also, how long did it take for you to receive your gift card once you requested it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Harry, at this point Tellwut is only open to the US and Canada (as far as I know). The cards take about 5-7 days to arrive. I really wish they would just send the card codes through email in order to speed deliver and cut costs - and use the savings to offer higher rewards for buyers.

    ReplyDelete